Parkinsons Disease Forum  

Go Back   Parkinsons Disease Forum > For Caregivers > Caregivers Corner

Caregivers Corner Just For Caregivers - This is the place where caregivers can chat about your life and experiences with caregiving, and share tips and ideas.

Old April 21st, 2018, 05:46 PM

Default The Public is Being Educated!

I was in line today at a big box store. The woman in front of me had either PD or Essential Tremor...not that it matters for this story. She was having an incredibly hard time getting out her money, couldn't find her change, dopped the receipt and couldn't find it in her purse. She was getting upset and I was about to intervene. The chasier, a very young woman, placed her hand on the lady's shoulder and asked if she could help. She allowed this woman her dignity, and helped her get the exchange done. It took a lot of time and I am glad I was the one in back of her. It is good to see public workers be sensitive to any disability but this one hit home for me. And yes, I did compliment her and wrote it down for her superiors so she can get some positive feedback.

Sheila512

Last edited by sheila512; April 21st, 2018 at 05:46 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old April 23rd, 2018, 06:13 PM
Cherished Member

Default Re: The Public is Being Educated!

Whoo hoo!
I love it! I am glad too that you were the one behind her in line. And think itís awesome that you took the time to commend her to her superiors. Youíre a special person, Sheila. Iím happy to call you my friend. So good to see you here again.
Love, Ludie