Parkinsons Disease Forum  

Go Back   Parkinsons Disease Forum > For People With Parkinson's > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Don't be shy. You're part of the family now so please tell us a bit about yourself.

Old November 1st, 2018, 06:11 AM

Default Re: To Scrawford

Hello again. It's been a long time since I've posted but one day I won't be able to because the end is coming soon I think. I may have a blue Christmas. Anyway we are moving him again from the rehab center to memory care on Friday he was there in September and part of October but on the 10th he broke his back from a fall and had an operation on the 15th. 5 long hours and 8 screws and 2 rods. He has lost almost 60 lbs and has developed the speech problems that comes with his Parkinsonism. I have called in Hospice and am hoping that will be a good thing. He has become incontinent and can't walk without help So the wheelchair is the only option. I think this will be the end soon but I could be wrong. I miss him he isn't the Steve I knew and loved for 40 years but that is the path we are walking now and we must get to the end of our love story.
Thanks for listening.
Ronnie