Parkinsons Disease Forum  

Go Back   Parkinsons Disease Forum > For People With Parkinson's > General Questions About Parkinson's

General Questions About Parkinson's Here is the place if you have any questions or situations you would like help with, and to share any tips and ideas that make living with Parkinson's easier.

Old August 21st, 2018, 07:35 PM

Default Starting to get some new symptoms

This disease affects everyone differently. My problems are mostly mobility with my left leg. Mostly all my PD symptoms are on my left side. I also have bone on bone elbow arthritis in my left elbow which makes uncontrollable dyskinesia movements a lot of fun. I started using a cane. I've recently noticed a big decrease in my sense of smell and also more stalling-freezing while walking. This happens towards end of dose. I find that my first dose of pills in the morning-4 Rytary 95 and 1 Entacapone 200 is the best, I can almost function normally for 4 hours or so. Subsequent doses are not as effective. God forgive me if I have a Bacon, Egg and Cheese On a hard roll (standard New Jersey breakfast) before I dose. Protein destroys my PD medication. I can barely walk. Watch out for protein!!!!-especially bacon!
Old August 22nd, 2018, 06:41 PM
Cherished Member

Default Re: Starting to get some new symptoms

Hey !!!
I was wondering how you were! I was gonna email you and see if your contact info was still good. Itís so good to hear from you! Howís Mrs. Flatband?
Bobby seems to do better with his meds closer together so we do smaller doses but more often keeping him more smooth if you understand what I mean. Protein does not effect him do heís lucky in that aspect. Like you, he has bone on bone and arthritis but throughout his spine. And like you say, lots of fun. But he still does not tolerate any of the meds but Sinemet unfortunately.
Iím just so happy to have heard from you! Iím sorry things arenít better on your end but glad they arenít worse too. Please donít stay away so long next time. Ludie
Old August 23rd, 2018, 06:36 PM

Hi Ludie,
well in regards to my wife, I have become not only a PD patient but now i'm assuming the roll of part time caregiver too. My wife has very bad spinal deterioration along with a serious bit of fibromyalgia. She's anxious and depressed so there's a lot going on over here. i have more time for her so that is a good thing. I know what you mean about the stiffness in the morning. I know what Bobby is feeling. I may have to start getting up during the night and take a dose of meds to ward off the stiffness. You're like a board! It's unreal. You sound well. Still the positive Ludie! We all need that attitude. Great hearing from you again! Gary
Old August 23rd, 2018, 07:11 PM
Cherished Member

Iím sorry to hear about your wife, Gary. Bobby too has spinal deterioration and I have the fibromyalgia. What a group we are! Itís good she has you to lean on and it prolly helps keep you motivated knowing she needs you. I know some days it has to be hard though. On those days ya just have to lean into each other and shuffle along. I still remember your description of putting on the compression socks with the powder and smile! Thanks for coming back and letting us know how you are. Youíre always in my heart and thoughts, Ludie