Parkinsons Disease Forum  

Go Back   Parkinsons Disease Forum > For People With Parkinson's > General Questions About Parkinson's
Help Page Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Questions About Parkinson's Here is the place if you have any questions or situations you would like help with, and to share any tips and ideas that make living with Parkinson's easier.

Old October 28th, 2010, 11:42 AM

Default Teeth tremor

I have been searching to see if anyone else has one problem I have, but can't find any mention of it. I was diagnosed just a couple of months ago and medication has greatly helped most of my symptoms, except one. My teeth are constantly clicking, grinding or clenching. This goes on all day and all night. The doctor said it is probably a type of tremor. Has anyone else had this experience? It just started last spring and has been continual since then.
Old October 28th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Cherished Member

Default Re: Teeth tremor

Hi Nansed

I can relate to your question and observation. Apart from a bad period of time when I dribbled so badly I needed a towel on my pillow apparently I now grind or bite down on my teeth during sleep. It isn't every night but occasionally so I'm having to wake up with pain in my jaw until I can get my Gob (mouth ) working again. Which if I was a car testing it's performance, I'd be like a Audi TT Convertible 0 to 60 in 10 seconds !!

ha ha
but I do understand and yes it is the parkers I believe

Last edited by ltd-addition; November 13th, 2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old October 29th, 2010, 08:00 AM

I grind and bite down alot especially when i sleep, like Ltd. said, Hi Ileene, It was a bit chili here this morning and i have noticed that when i am a little cold, the teeth chattering is really obvious, more so now than prior to experiencing symptoms. the grinding and clinching does make my jaw and head ache a bit. Its not all the time though.
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:38 AM

Thank you to both of you for responding. I really appreciate it and am relieved to know I am not the only one with this problem. I find it is much worse when I am under any kind of stress, in spite of being on both carbidopa levo and ropinirole.
I love having this site to help me find answers to the many questions I'm sure I will have as time goes on. Thanks again.
Old November 24th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Cherished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jduscio View Post
I grind and bite down alot especially when i sleep, like Ltd. said, Hi Ileene, It was a bit chili here this morning and i have noticed that when i am a little cold, the teeth chattering is really obvious, more so now than prior to experiencing symptoms. the grinding and clinching does make my jaw and head ache a bit. Its not all the time though.

Hi John
I know about the cold it is only 2 degree's Celsius here so I know how much my teeth are chattering. It was warmer in Canada 12c
I am getting into a hot bath just to warm me bits and pieces up !brrrr
Old November 24th, 2010, 03:43 PM

Hello all,and welcome, Nansed
It's me - I enjoy dropping in here and chatting with the folks. Both my parents had PD, among other things, and I believe I do, too, but my doctors are calling it relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis. My teeth chatter all day, every season, and when I sleep I sleep with them closed at the molars, but not really clenched.
It worsens in stress or cold weather, and sometimes impedes my speech.
I catch myself adjusting the chatter to the tempo of whatever music I'm listening to at any given time ... Christmas music has always been my favorite ...
We're celebrating Thanksgiving here in the states tomorrow ... sending thanks for the new friends who have accepted me here <3
Old November 25th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Cherished Member

Hi pens'nchalk
it's so nice to see you popping in
it's so cold hear in the Uk, have given snow in wales weekend
for tomorrow
Old November 27th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Cherished Member

Hi Nansed pens and chalk , Geraldine one and all

i truly know about teeth tremors because its snowing here

If I can I will read Heathers instructions to post a photo of the snow
Old November 27th, 2010, 02:20 PM

Smile Re: Teeth tremor

Humble Greeting to Ya'll from Southern USA.......

Teeth and whole body can chatter from the cold snowy days and long winter nights. My face and jaw seem to be frozen in one position at times whether it is hot or cold (Parker's). My fingers used to "freeze/lock" in one position and be kind of painful many years ago. Really think our shared "condition" may have a genetic link that is stronger than now thought.