PDA

View Full Version : weak voice

dkruh
October 12th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Hi all,
My husband who has Parkinsons noticed that his voice ( which has become weak in general) is getting worse toward the evening hours.
Has anyone experienced the same and if so, what can be done about it?
He has been checked by ENT who tells him that his throat is fine.
Thanks!

lanab
October 12th, 2011, 04:25 PM
dkruh, I am sending you a piece of a fact sheet from the Parkinson's Disease Foundation and along with it the weblink to get to the whole informational sheet. This as well as many others can be ordered for free.
“If I have no voice, I have no life.”
This is a direct quote from an individual who lives with Parkinson’s disease (PD). It reflects the devastating
impact that a speech and voice disorder can have on the quality of life of a person with PD.
This person is not alone. Research shows that 89 percent of people with PD experience speech and
voice disorders, including soft, monotone, breathy and hoarse voice, and imprecise articulation. As a result,
people with Parkinson’s report that they are less likely to participate in conversation, or to have confidence
in social settings, than healthy individuals in their age group.
http://www.pdf.org/pdf/fs_speaking_loud_10.pdf

dkruh
October 16th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Inab
Thanks so much!!

lanab
October 16th, 2011, 05:34 PM
dkruh, you are welcome, this is what the forum is all about, helping each other and learning from each other the best we can. I hope the fact sheet helped you. Good luck and take care. lanab